- This event has passed.
Technical and Policy makers training Durable solutions for displacement affected communities in Somaliland
April 8 - April 9
The Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDSS), in partnership with the Somalia NGO Consortium, and the Somaliland Durable Solutions Consortium (SDSC) are very pleased to invite you to a two day training on ‘Durable solutions for displacement affected communities in Hargeisa, Somaliland’ on 8th and 9th April, 2018 at Mansoor Hotel.
This training is a key opportunity for humanitarian and development technical staff as well as policy makers to:
- Foster a common understanding on durable solutions in Somaliland and Hargeisa in particular, its main features, challenges and opportunities
- Increase knowledge on legal frameworks, criteria and indicators used to measure progress and challenges
- Formulate recommendations for the development of a common approach involving all relevant actors to address durable solutions in Hargeisa
This workshop is part of a series of learning events and trainings that started in 2017 to build a common understanding and vision towards durable solutions. It will bring together a wide range of different actors and sectors including resilience partners to maximize experience from across different organisations and approaches in order learn from each other.
The objective is to support a collaborative and participatory process to generate greater collective engagement in durable solutions approaches in Somaliland particularly area based programming in Hargeisa and Burao.
In preparation for the training:
- Click here for the two-days training agenda
- Click here to access our online solutions tutorial comprising a 5 minute whiteboard animation with information on displacement and durable solutions in East and Horn of Africa.
- Click here to access ReDSS solutions analyses identifying key gaps and opportunities to inform (re)integration planning and programming for displacement affected communities.
Kindly nominate one person from you organization/Agency and confirm his/her participation by 1st April to Mubarik Mohamoud Ahmed (Mubarik_Ahmed@wvi.org) with Laura Bennison (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rufus Karanja (email@example.com) in copy.