- This event has passed.
Technical and Policy makers training Durable solutions for displacement affected communities in Somalia
March 19 - March 20
The Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDSS), in partnership with the Somalia NGO Consortium, Concern Worldwide and DRC Somalia are very pleased to invite you to a two-day training on ‘Durable solutions for displacement affected communities in Somalia’ on 19th and 20th March in Baidoa.
This training is a key opportunity for humanitarian and development technical staff as well as policy makers to:
- Foster a common understanding on durable solutions in Somalia and Baidoa in particular, its main features, challenges and opportunities
- Increase knowledge on legal frameworks, criteria and indicators used to measure progress and challenges
- Formulate recommendations for the development of a common approach involving all relevant actors to address durable solutions in Baidoa
This workshop is part of a series of learning events and trainings that started in 2017 to build a common understanding and vision towards durable solutions in Somalia. It will bring together a wide range of different actors and sectors including resilience partners to maximize experience from across different organisations and approaches in order learn from each other.
The objective is to support a collaborative and participatory process to generate greater collective engagement in durable solutions approaches in Somalia, particularly area-based programing in Baidoa.
In preparation for the training:
- Click here to access our online solutions tutorial comprising a 5 minute whiteboard animation with information on displacement and durable solutions in East Africa with a focus on Somalia.
- Click here to access ReDSS solutions analysis in Bay region identifying key gaps and opportunities to inform (re)integration planning and programming for displacement affected communities.
- Please find attached the agenda of the training. Preparation material will be shared with confirmed participants on Tuesday 13th November together with the exact location in Baidoa.
Do not hesitate to share this invitation with relevant colleagues and to contact us should you have any questions.