- This event has passed.
ReDSS Somalia Durable Solutions Mainstreaming Session – Focus on the “HOW”
October 19 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+3
ReDSS Somalia is pleased to announce the October edition of the Durable Solutions Mainstreaming Session on 19th October 2021 at 10.00 am EAT (online). The target audience includes actors working on solutions to displacement in Somalia that are new to the context or were unable to attend a similar session conducted on 30th June 2021.
The objective of the mainstreaming session is to support partners operating in Somalia on how to have a solutions lens in non-solutions-oriented programmes – focusing on the ‘HOW’. It follows the 29th September ReDSS Somalia induction session on durable solutions – focusing on the ‘WHAT’. ReDSS Somalia ran a similar mainstreaming session in June this year. Therefore, the October edition is for any partner interested in learning more about mainstreaming durable solutions but was not able to join the June edition. The workshop will look at:
- Defining mainstreaming and applying the ReDSS programming principle
- Measuring elements of solutions to displacement
- Using a solutions lens throughout the programme cycle
- Examples of mainstreaming solutions in different kinds of programming (with case studies)
How to register
- Please register here for the mainstreaming session by Tuesday 13th October as we aim to have a maximum of 25 participants for an effective session.
- Don’t hesitate to share your expectations and any specific questions/issues you would like to discuss. We will do our best to incorporate responses in the preparations.
- The full agenda, pre-read and call-in details for the solutions mainstreaming session will be shared by Thursday, 14th October. Do not hesitate to share this invitation with relevant colleagues that you feel will benefit from this session. For queries, please write to Andrew Maina at (email@example.com)
Note: There will be only 25 seats available per session; therefore, it will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. To allow for a range of actors to engage in the training, we would also request no more than 2 staff per organization register.