- This event has passed.
Technical practitioners training Durable solutions for displacement affected communities in Garissa County
October 23, 2019 - October 24, 2019
The Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDSS), is very pleased to invite you to a two-day training on ‘Durable solutions for displacement affected communities in Garissa County – Kenya’ on 23rd to 24th October, 2019.
This training is a key opportunity for field level humanitarian and development technical staff to:
- To foster a common understanding on how to address long term solutions-oriented and inclusive area based programming approaches in Dadaab
- To increase knowledge on how to strengthen partnerships and coordination on solutions processes in line with ongoing policy processes such as the development of GISEDP, CRRF/GRC approaches and other new ways of working
- To increase knowledge on legal frameworks and criteria and indicators used to measure progress and challenges for collective our
- To formulate actionable recommendations for the development of a common approach involving all relevant actors
This workshop is part of a series of learning events and trainings that will be conducted in Dadaab/Garissa county to build a common understanding and vision towards long term solutions processes. It will bring together a wide range of field based practitioners to leverage on locally led processes and maximize experience from across different organizations/sectors in order learn from each other.
The objective is to strengthen the capacity of humanitarian and development program staff on how to address long term solutions processes for displacement affected communities in Garissa County. The training will to provide participants with the required technical skills in terms of process and content to support a comprehensive approach on socio-economic inclusion through a multi stakeholder engagement, leveraging the unique insights and contributions of all actors to stimulate innovative solutions and partnerships.
In preparation for the training:
- Click here to access our online solutions tutorial comprising a 5 minute whiteboard animation with information on displacement and durable solutions in East Africa.
Note: The full agenda and venue for the workshop will be shared within the course of next week.
Kindly confirm your participation by 11th October to Patience Kiara (email@example.com).