ReDSS Solutions Framework
A critical aspect of ReDSS research and knowledge management pillar is the Solutions Framework to support joint accountability and analysis to monitor progress and challenges. ReDSS has operationalized the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Framework for Durable Solutions for Internally Displaced Persons to develop the ReDSS Solutions framework, using 28 outcome indicators organized around physical, material and legal safety to measure durable solutions achievements in a particular context.
To tailor programming and policies according to a common logical framework and analysis around solutions; ReDSS Solutions analysis requires a collaborative process and active involvement and consultations with representatives from government at both national and local level, humanitarian and development actors and displacement affected communities. The participatory process through engaging with partners and building consensus, is key to ensuring its relevance and appropriateness.
ReDSS solutions framework explanatory note and practical tools
- Explanatory note and theory of change
- Solutions Framework programming guide and manual; and the Solutions templates
- Solution framework table with indicators and explanation
- Lessons learnt from adaptation and use of the ReDSS Solutions Framework (2016-2019)
- Article June 2018: Operationalizing the IASC framework on Durable Solutions for IDPs in the East and Horn of Africa: an adaptive and participatory approach to inform durable solutions processes
- Making data useful – 2019
Key questions to consider
- How can we better work together towards producing evidence based on knowledge and practice gaps?
- How can we better work towards bringing different stakeholders to create the space for learning and reflection in order to inform better programing and policies?
- How can we best support practitioners to use evidence to adapt programing?
- How can we work together on measuring impacts of durable solutions processes and collective outcomes indicators?